Wednesday, July 3, 2013

My Hair...Or Lack Thereof

My hair has been gone for quite a long time now.  I'm oober bald so you think that my body would have adjusted by now.  But I keep having these crazy phantom hair moments (sort of like my crazy phantom boob moments where my skin will itch.....but it CAN'T itch....because there is no sensation what-so-ever.)

I find myself going to squeeze out my hair after a shower.  Squeeze it out like a ponytail which is a length of hair I haven't had in years.  Last night I was all sweaty and went to spread my hair out over my pillow to get it off my neck.  Hey, Lady!!!!  You are bald!  I will do something goofy with Hunter and a pillow and have a moment of: "Ack!!  I will have to redo my crazy hair!!"  Only to remember it is set in place and looks just like it did at the beginning of our hardcore wresting match.

It's kind of nice to have no hair.  No shampooing, shaving or heat torture (as a college professor called blow dryers, flat irons, and curling irons).  I am getting sick of having to wear scarves to protect my gleaming whiteness from a lobster-like sunburn and to keep my dome warm in the constant chilly A/C.

I have seen pictures of me from before cancer was even on my radar and my hair was AWESOME!  I know I felt like it didn't lay right, that it was scraggly and yucky and ugly.  

So here is my PSA for the day.  Even if you think your hair is mousey, scraggly, damaged, flat, too gray, too whatever..   You are wrong!  And if it was all suddenly taken away, you would think your hair was stunningly gorgeous because it kind of already is.

PS.   Go feel your boobs, today.

No comments:

Post a Comment